I’m trading in a week of Foodie Friday for a week of Fun Facts. Bear with me while I piece my apartment back together and get everything going again 🙂
- This has definitely been an interesting week. I didn’t mind having a hurricane day on Monday and getting a late start to the work day on Tuesday, but unfortunately Sandy has left my living room in shambles. Being halfway up a high-rise, I certainly didn’t expect to have any flooding, but below is the scene this morning.
- I’m well aware that things could be worse. Way worse. So because all we ended up with was some flooding, I’m quite grateful and definitely thinking about those without heat, power, etc.
- My coconut oil giveaway winner never claimed her prize so I’ve selected a new one! Congrats to Jayme Myers!! Please contact me at Brittany@BarrAndTable.com by Monday, November 5, at 11:59 PM EST with you mailing address to claim your prize!
- I made Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Yogurt Cupcakes(mini style!) from Skinnytaste for my company’s Halloween potluck and they were a rousing success! I plan on making them again very soon! You should too.
- Tomorrow is National Sandwich Day which sounds like the perfect day to make some Mango Chipotle Chicken Salad, right? Right!
- And of course National Sandwich Day is followed by National Candy Day. But since we’re trying to be healthy here, I might have to whip up some Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Cups😉
- This Asian Rubbed Turkeymight be happening this weekend. With a little chicken, of course. I really don’t think Nathan would mind at all! How awesome does it look?!
- Finally, I’m absolutely loving Barr Bites. If you’re in the Baltimore area and are interested in getting in on this, hit me up!
Food for Thought
What are your plans this weekend? Were you affected at all by Sandy?