Holy cow, I can’t believe the 8 weeks have already passed for Best Body Bootcamp! I’m certainly not new to the program at this point so I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up. This time around, however, I had some different goals. For my first two rounds, I was getting ready for the wedding; with this round, I was getting back into shape from the honeymoon! 😉
In all seriousness, I’m a planner; I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I absolutely love having a workout schedule already planned out for me. There is no thinking involved! And if I’m waking up before the clock strikes 6, you can bet I appreciate any and all help in the thinking department. I have, without a doubt, noticed some changes over the past 8 weeks.
Bootcamp makes you stronger.
Bootcamp increases your endurance and speed.
And good gravy, bootcamp gives you a hell of a burn!
I’ve also learned a few things during during the 8-week program.
- Rest days are important! Your muscles need a break and when you give that to them, they repair and are stronger for future workouts.
- I’m a weights girl. I would 100% rather do a strength training workout with heavy weights than do a body weight workout.
- While it’s nice to have set workouts, it’s equally as nice to be able to swap things around and make the workouts work for you.
- Having a community of people participating in the same program and acting as a support group is really motivating. [Ok, I already knew this, but it’s a great reminder!]
- Upper body workouts are my jam.
If you’re at all considering Best Body Bootcamp, I highly recommend it. Whether you’re a beginner or advanced, there are adjustments to all of the moves to make them easier or harder and you can always get a challenging workout! Registration for the fall session begins August 19th and goes through September 6th. The programs starts September 9th, so mark your calendars and don’t forget to register!
Food for Thought
Do you prefer weights or body weight workouts?
What is your favorite workout program? Do you like classes at the gym or working out on your own?