First things first, happy happy birthday to my big brother, Brian! Even though he’s not a blog reader, I had to post the awesome sweat suit picture 😉
Disclaimer: I received samples of Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 Protein Powder as a Sweat Pink Ambassador. All thoughts and opinions of the product are my own.
I’m always on the lookout for different protein powders to try. Whey was always the big thing but recently there have been so many different options to choose from, especially with new plant-based protein powders coming on the market. I’d never tried hemp protein before, but always have hemp hearts in the pantry to sprinkle on salads, add to nut butters, etc. They’re a great source of protein and omegas.
When I was asked to review Manitoba Harvest’s new HempPro 70 protein powders, I started reading into it a bit to see what makes it so different from other plant-based powders. As stated on their website, they suggest HempPro 70 if:
- You’re an athlete looking for a pre or post workout protein shake.
- You’re experiencing bloating and/or an unsettled stomach from other protein powders.
- You’re used to a whey protein and curious to try a plant-based protein powder, such as hemp.
- You want nutrition on the go! HempPro 70 is the only water soluble hemp protein powder on the market. This means you can literally throw it in a shaker cup with some water and take it with you on the road.
- You’re looking to add extra protein to your diet. HempPro 70 has 20 grams of protein per 30 gram serving – our highest protein powder option.
Sounds like a good deal to me!
One of the key selling points that they make is that it is the world’s first water soluble hemp protein powder. Obviously I had to put that to the test first and I’m pleased to report that it is, in fact, true! Nobody likes trying to choke down a gritty, clumpy protein shake post-workout and when you don’t have time to throw it into a blender to make a big smoothie, it’s important to be able to count on something to not only refuel your system, but taste good too.
That said, when you do have time to throw everything into a blender, might I suggest this chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl? I think you should take those extra few minutes..
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
– 1 scoop Manitoba Harvest Chocolate HempPro 70
– 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup brewed coffee
– 1/4 cup almond milk [I used Califia Coconut Almond Milk]
– 1/2 medium zucchini
– 1 cup ice
– 2 tsp NuStevia Cocoa Syrup; divided
– 1 tbsp peanut butter [or your favorite nut butter!]
Blend all ingredients except 1 tsp cocoa syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Feel free to adjust the amount of ice or milk to make thinner or thicker. When the combo is fully blended, pour into a bowl and drizzle with the remaining tsp of cocoa syrup and the tbsp of peanut butter. Slurp it up!
I could have this smoothie bowl everyday.. I mean, what’s better than chocolate and peanut butter?! Just try to keep your spoon out of the rest of the jar of peanut butter afterward. Whoops! 😉
Luckily for you, Manitoba Harvest, in partnership with Fit Approach, is offering everyone 20% off using the code sweatpinkpro70 at checkout. Time to stock up!
Food for Thought
Have you ever tried hemp hearts or hemp protein powder?