Happy 4th of July!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s already July.. I really feel like time has just flown by lately. I guess that’s what keeping busy does for ya!
- If you haven’t made a dessert yet, these red, white, and blueberry popsicles are so cute!
- I had a nice surprise waiting for me in the mail when we got back.
- Yesterday was a really fun San Francisco day. We did some serious walking around the North Beach area, up to Ghirardelli Square, and beyond. We had to walk off lunch somehow, right? 😉
We took the SIL to Il Casaro for some legit Italian-style brick oven pizza. Nathan and I have been there a couple times before, but this time we got the proscuitto pizza and it was to. die. for. It’s so hard to find real deal proscuitto and parmesan like we had in Italy, but this place has it. The proscuitto isn’t ridiculously salty and the parmesan is so creamy it just melts in your mouth. It was perfect.
- Pizza has to be washed down with beer, right? Right. Off to Rogue! I had an Almanac Heirloom Pumpkin Barleywine that was out of this world. It’s aged in bourbon barrels and then the guys at Rogue decided to age it another year in a keg.
- After a little walk, these kids got a hankering for some In N Out Burger.
Nathan had been before but it was the first time since we moved out here. I’m not a burger gal so I snagged a couple of the Animal Fries. They loved em! Personally, I’d be ok not having them again haha.
Hope you all have a great time celebrating tonight!
Food for Thought
What are your 4th of July plans?