Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week. I’m glad it’s Friday [who isn’t?!]; we’re planning on heading to Prizefighter tonight after Nathan gets off of work. They’re known for their awesome cocktails.. how could we go wrong? I’ve also been in serious study mode recently. Talk about stress, I could use a cocktail!
- Last week I got the No Rush Hoodie at work. It’s seriously the most comfortable item of clothing I own. Get one immediately. And if you’re in the bay area, come visit me 😉
- I’ve been making some pretty amazing salads this week [not to brag]. The peanut dressing is killer and paired with sweet potato is out of this world. I’m not exaggerating.
I know there are tons of recipes for peanut sauce on the web, but I thought I’d share mine too!
Makes 1 serving
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 1 tsp lite soy sauce [can sub coconut or liquid aminos]
– 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
– 1/2 tbsp sriracha
– 1/2 tsp sesame oil
– Water [add slowly till you reach desired consistency]Yesterday I mixed a can of tuna and a small steamed sweet potato into the dressing before topping my salad. I was so excited to have it for lunch again today. Except then I ate the leftovers. Ha!
- Am I the only person that gets excited about finding new, fun almond milks?
- Yesterday I woke up not especially excited to head to the gym. I had cardio and abs on the docket and the thought of running or hopping on the elliptical was just not for me. So I stayed back and went through the Tone It Up Ab Playlist + the new Bikini Abs routine. Holy cow, serious ab burn! It took about 35 minutes and my abs were on fire!
- And since I keep talking about drinks, I figure I’ll end on one too. As part of a Sweat Pink campaign, I received Pure Lyft Energy Stir Sticks. They’re an energy product that has zero calories, zero taste, and contains as much caffeine as one tall coffee. It was perfect to add to my glass of water before I ran out the door for my 5 a.m. shift at work last week. Instead of chugging extra coffee, it was a great way to get a little extra pep in my step.
Welp, back to the books for me. Hope you have a great weekend!
Food for Thought
Any big plans for the weekend?