Friday! Long weekend! I have to work tomorrow and Monday, but such is the life of a retail store employee, right? Oh well, we’re still going to have fun this weekend.
- Yesterday was quite the exciting day! I had some errands to run so I dropped Nathan off at work and on my way back, maybe 1/4 mile from my apartment, I almost got into a huge accident [not my fault at all]. It was one of those times where as I slammed on my brakes and horn, the thoughts going through my mind were along the lines of “I wonder how bad this accident is going to be.” Thankfully my brakes are [maybe were, now] amazing and I stopped about 1 foot away from t-boning the the guy that decided to swerve and do a u-turn right in front of me. All is well, but I was definitely shaken up! If that didn’t wake me up, I don’t know what would.
- Once I did get around to my errands, I went to the store to stock up on ingredients for a homemade porchetta. Nathan’s been talking about making one at home since we had it in Italy. We currently have 10 lbs of pork in the fridge. No, we’re definitely not vegetarians!
- With my crazy morning I decided I needed a nice treat for lunch. I’d been eyeing the freshly-made sushi at Berkeley Bowl since the first day we went and I finally got some. Salmon with avocado in brown rice and edamame. I also made my own spicy sriracha “mayo” [aka greek yogurt] for dipping. I’m not a soy sauce-dipper.. never have been!
- I mentioned the other day that my peanut butter was dwindling. Nothing a little Vitamix action can’t fix! And because I can’t leave well enough alone, there’s a little chia seed in the mix this time. That also means licking the Vitamix was my afternoon snack haha!
- Tomorrow we’re heading into the city for dinner, drinks, and live music. When Nathan came out to SF last year, he went to The Saloon with a friend of his. He said it was basically SF’s equivalent to our favorite live music bar in Baltimore, Cat’s Eye. We used to head over for some music after a little bit of this..
We’ve been meaning to go to The Saloon since we moved out here and I’m psyched to finally head over!
Well, I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend.. enjoy all of the cookouts, sunshine, and time with friends and family!
Food for Thought
What are your big plans for the weekend?