Is it just me or did this week fly? Not that anyone ever complains that it’s Friday.. besides, I have a fun weekend ahead!
- Tonight we’re headed into San Francisco to meet up with a few Fit Approach friends and head to a sketch comedy show. I’m pretty excited. It’s been a while since we’ve been to a comedy show but it’s right up our alley.
- Tomorrow I’m meeting up with Alyse [<– more Fit Approach love!] to go to a free VinBata class. It’s a combo of Vinyasa and Tabata.. I honestly have no idea what to expect but it should be fun!
- Speaking of workouts, I mentioned yesterday that I’ve been taking a bit slower at the gym lately and trying to figure out what my body actually wants instead of just doing a workout. Turns out, yesterday when I woke up I had no desire to go to the gym. I did some [really lame] yoga that I found on HuluPlus.. I say really lame because it was a little too slow for what I was looking for and there were commercials. How relaxing, right?
- I ended up getting really antsy as the day went on and decided to go for a GPS-less run around a nearby lake. Full disclosure: it was hard. For whatever reason, my asthma decided to act up and I was having trouble getting in some steady breathing, but I decided to feel it out and take my time. I ran about 3.25 miles and to my surprise, it was around a 7:50 pace! Woo! Plus, pretty flowers 😉
- I’m pretty sure I completely forgot to mention the HIIT class I went to at Athleta last week taught by Erin, a trainer that I met at FitBloggin’ 2012 in Baltimore. She taught a kick ass [literally!] 6 am bootcamp and it was awesome so I knew to expect nothing less last week. She focused on sharing some moves that could be done anywhere, whether you’re at home, traveling, sitting at your kids baseball game, etc. I had a great time and it was so nice to catch up with her afterwards over a glass of wine [my only reason to go to P.F. Changs these days..] I also left with a new pair of capris that I pretty much love.
If you’re in the bay area, I highly recommend checking out some of her classes!
Bob’s Red Mill Giveaway Winner
Congratulations to Jessica B! Please email me with your mailing information so I can pass it on.
And I leave you with this.
Food for Thought
What are your plans this weekend?
Have you ever tried a VinBata class or something similar?