Happy Valentine’s Day! Have any fun plans for tonight? We have done good stuff coming up in the next week.
- My parents will be here in less than a week! I realize I mentioned this yesterday, but can you tell I’m excited?!
- I stocked up on our Valentines Day dinner/dessert ingredients yesterday. On the menu:
Appetizer: Truffle gouda with crackers and balsamic jam [from Italy!] .. Entree: Seared lamb with a cherry port sauce, Moroccan rice with pistachio and dried apricot, and roasted rainbow carrots .. Dessert: Cheesecake squares. But I can’t tell you the flavor because that’s a surprise for Nathan. There may or may not be pictures to share later 😉
- I miss the snow a little bit but I have to admit it was awfully nice to be able to take a walk this afternoon when it was 65 degrees.
My parents just got a little dusting.
- Nathan surprised me last night by picking me up after work to go out to a point near our place and watch the sunset.
It was a really crisp, clear night and such a nice way to end the day. Doesn’t hurt that he’s cute too!
- This weekend is Belgian Beer Fest at Max’s. It is, by far, our favorite bar in Baltimore and Belgian Beer Fest is the best. Definitely missing that this weekend. We’re going to try to make up for it this weekend and while my parents are here.. I’ll report back.
Food for Thought
What are your Valentines Day plans?
Are you being hit by the crazy weather?