Another Friday, huh? Where does the time go?! I can’t believe it’s almost February. Wasn’t it just Thanksgiving?
- Honestly, I’m kind of ok with a couple of weeks flying by right now. My parents are coming to visit in 2 1/2 weeks and I can’t wait! I probably see them more now than I did when I lived in Baltimore because of Skype, but it’s really not the same. It’s going to be nice to have them out here. Nathan and I keep trying to tell them, but I don’t think they realize how much food and drink is going to be involved in their trip 😉
- Speaking of my parents, they just got me the best Hannuka/birthday/anniversary/whatever else gift.. the NASM personal trainer certification course! My book should be delivered next Tuesday and I fully plan on buckling down and getting it done. I’m really excited to start something new and I see this certification taking me in so many different directions in the future. Not to mention, I might love this post a little extra now. Thanks, Paige! [I also have a little deal for you if you’re interested in a NASM certification. Check it out below!]
- I can’t be the only person that has trouble with rest days. I know I need at least 1 day off per week but my mind thinks it’s a good idea to always keep going. And then I stand up and realize that my legs hate me and don’t want to move at all. I’m not alone, right?
- Wednesday I went to “Office Fitness” yoga with the SweatGuru team and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. I always go into yoga thinking I’m not sure if I really feel like going and by the end of the class, I feel so good. Seriously, not much beats the feeling at the end of a yoga class.
- Superbowl Sunday is upon us! Nathan and I are planning on staying in and doing the old pizza and wings bit, but a little more fancified, of course. I made a big batch of naan Wednesday so we’re going to do naan margherita pizzas and Korean BBQ wings. I’m sure I’ll figure out a way to get some veggies in there too.
Thanks to Julie’s NASM post, I was able to get a discount on my CPT course and I’m happy to be able to give you a discount offer too! I spoke to Michael Golembewski and he said that if you mention my name or blog when signing up, you will receive a 10% discount. Just give him a call at 602-383-1263 or email him at Michael.Golembewski@nasm.org and don’t forget to mention Barr & Table!
Food for Thought
If you could start a new career, what would you choose?
What are your plans for the Superbowl? Which team are you rooting for?