It’s been a week since we moved in and I’m happy to say that we’re really getting settled now. It feels so good to sleep in our bed, eat at a dining room table instead of the coffee table, and play in the kitchen again!
- Speaking of playing in the kitchen, I broke out my brand new spiralizer and Vitamix this week. Holy cow I’m in love! I’ve spiralized zucchini and sweet potato so far and can’t wait to play with more. I also may never buy nut butter ever again. In 2 days I made toasted pecan butter and coconut cashew butter. Seriously. Fresh nut butter in 5 minutes? Amazing.
- I’ve also started going back to my Pinterest boards for recipe inspiration. The honey sriracha chicken turned out great and I full intend on making this Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Fried Plantain and Coconut Fried Quinoa with Macadamia Nuts soon!
- Speaking of Pinterest, I’m loving all of the easy storage and decoration ideas I’ve found! Did you know lentils aren’t just for eating? 😉
- Last week, I won one of the Love Grown Foods 14 Days of Giveaways packages. I was far too excited to dig in before taking a picture, but this stuff is awesome! I’ve had it once before but I forgot how good it is. Perfect on top of my oats!
- I’m looking into getting a personal training certification. I plan on pursuing NASM since I’ve read so much about it and it seems like that is the most universally accepted certification. Thoughts? Tips? Think I’m nuts? 😉
This whole “new life” thing is pretty exciting and pretty scary. But I think I’m doing alright. That said, if anyone would like to solve all of my life’s mysteries and tell me what I should do with my life, I’m all ears! Haha happy Friday!!
Food for Thought
What is your favorite type of nut butter?
Have you gotten a personal training certification?