Holy moly, what a week! In my attempt to take a quick breath [but not really], let’s do a little week wrap up, shall we?
- IT’S FINALLY HAPPENING! We’re no longer hotel dwellers! We finally moved out of the hotel Thursday morning, slept on an air mattress last night, and the movers are delivering our things today. To say that I’m excited would be an understatement. Six weeks in a hotel is entirely too long.
- Funny story about entirely too long. Wednesday morning, someone staying in the hotel said to me “you were here last month, right?” Immediate thought was “oh great, now I’m being recognized..” Well, not only was he here last month, he’s been home and is now back. The lady that works the breakfast shift also disappointingly asked if I was leaving them as I was wheeling out a couple suitcases. It’s time.
- My aunt and uncle got us a Vitamix for our wedding gift but we asked them to wait to order it until after we were moved in. Guess what was delivered on Thursday! Nut butters, smoothies, soups, and more.. HERE I COME! [Nut butters especially..]
- ALSO! My mom ordered me a spiralizer! That was another kitchen gadget I planned on getting as soon as we were settled but she beat me to the punch 🙂 I’ve been pinning away at some veggie noodle recipes and I cannot wait to start trying them.
- On Wednesday afternoon, Sweat Guru and OMPower teamed up for an Iron Yoga class. I absolutely love the idea of incorporating weights into yoga and was bummed that I couldn’t make it but with all things moving [yay!], it just wasn’t realistic. Luckily for me [and anyone else in the San Francisco area], they host classes every Wednesday at 2pm. Check it out!
Welp, I guess it’s time to unpack! I’m hardly disappointed that I have to unpack so many boxes. I just can’t wait to have my stuff again. And sleep in my own bed! YES!
Food for Thought
What is the longest you’ve ever stayed in a hotel?
Share your favorite Vitamix recipe with me!
When I moved to Baltimore I was in a hotel for 4 weeks while we found housing. No bueno. Although sometimes I miss the maid service haha. yay vitamix! you’ll love it!! happy unpacking.
I think I’ll definitely miss the maid service haha. But it’s worth it to be in my own bed again.
I’ve never stayed in a hotel longer than a vacation level stay. I envision you kind of slinking out with your suitcase all walk of shamey, but no need! And now you’ve made me pin a “Spiralizer” onto my Pinterest “buy me this stuff” board for my husband. After I googled what it was. 🙂
Hahaha no walk of shame here. Definitely get the spiralizer.. it’s the best!
Congratulations!! Ahh, your #1 and #1 are far too familiar to me. For almost 5 years, I traveled for work every single week Monday-Thursday for my job (until I left this week!). I’d often go to the same place for 4-6 months at a time (coming home on the weekends), and the feeling of familiarity/ friendship with every single employee at the hotel was so nice of them … but SO uncomfortable and a constant reminder that I was there far too much. SO glad you’re moving in!
Oh wow, can’t imagine 4-6 months of hotel living! At least you got to go home on the weekends though. We’re glad to be settling in too 🙂
so excited for you to move into a new place and get a routine going! i can’t wait to see what you make with the spiralizer.
Congrats on moving and the VITAMIX! Gah so jealous. I got a spiralizer for Christmas too-pass any super awesome recipes my way!
I’m obsessed with both! I may never buy nut butters again. I haven’t tried any specific spiralizer recipes.. just basically subbed zucchini or sweet potato noodles for regular noodles so far. It’s awesome though!
I congratulate on receiving new equipment! I am the big fan of cooking and if I could, I would buy all equipment that shops for kitchen offer 😀
oh thank goodness you are settled! i bet that feels good. hotels are fun for a week max! haha
Ha definitely a week max. I’m so glad to be settled.
Pingback: A Weekend in Instagram | Barr & Table