Whoa, late post here but I just wanted to drop in, say hi, and give you all a quick update 🙂
- Yesterday I made yet another variation on the pancakes! Say hello to Apple Pie. It was a good call.
– 3 tbsp coconut flour
– 2 tbsp almond flour
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
– 16 drops of liquid stevia
– Pinch of salt
– 7 egg whites
– 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
For my layers/topping, I mixed 1 tbsp peanut flour with 2 tbsp applesauce, 4 drops stevia, and water. I also used 1/2 shredded apple in between and on top. And the ultimate was topping it with the best apple quinoa granola from Michele’s.
- This morning, my company had a little retreat and provided brunch. I wasn’t sure what to expect so, as always, I came prepared with some bars in my bag but I was more than pleasantly surprised to see the catering food truck from The Food Market. Nathan and I had been there once for dinner but I’ve been wanting to go for brunch since I saw their killer menu. It did not disappoint!
- Yesterday Alysia shared a metabolism experiment that she tested. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now but reading her thoughts on this convinced me! Tomorrow is the big day and I’ll be sure to report back.
- Speaking of which, that means tomorrow is my rest day and to say I’m pysched would be an understatement! My workouts definitely got the best of me this week and I’m looking forward to resting up and feeling refreshed for next week!
- I can’t believe it’s already October 25th! Where has the time gone?! Halloween is next week and I’m wrapping up my costume for work. It isn’t anything crazy but it’s a fun day at work every year!
Food for Thought
Have you ever tried a metabolism experiment like this?
Do you ever have weeks that your workouts seem extra tough?
Do you have a Halloween costume picked out yet?