Whoa, late post here but I just wanted to drop in, say hi, and give you all a quick update 🙂
- Yesterday I made yet another variation on the pancakes! Say hello to Apple Pie. It was a good call.
– 3 tbsp coconut flour
– 2 tbsp almond flour
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
– 16 drops of liquid stevia
– Pinch of salt
– 7 egg whites
– 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
For my layers/topping, I mixed 1 tbsp peanut flour with 2 tbsp applesauce, 4 drops stevia, and water. I also used 1/2 shredded apple in between and on top. And the ultimate was topping it with the best apple quinoa granola from Michele’s.
- This morning, my company had a little retreat and provided brunch. I wasn’t sure what to expect so, as always, I came prepared with some bars in my bag but I was more than pleasantly surprised to see the catering food truck from The Food Market. Nathan and I had been there once for dinner but I’ve been wanting to go for brunch since I saw their killer menu. It did not disappoint!
- Yesterday Alysia shared a metabolism experiment that she tested. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now but reading her thoughts on this convinced me! Tomorrow is the big day and I’ll be sure to report back.
- Speaking of which, that means tomorrow is my rest day and to say I’m pysched would be an understatement! My workouts definitely got the best of me this week and I’m looking forward to resting up and feeling refreshed for next week!
- I can’t believe it’s already October 25th! Where has the time gone?! Halloween is next week and I’m wrapping up my costume for work. It isn’t anything crazy but it’s a fun day at work every year!
Food for Thought
Have you ever tried a metabolism experiment like this?
Do you ever have weeks that your workouts seem extra tough?
Do you have a Halloween costume picked out yet?
alysia’s article was so interesting. thanks for sharing! i’d love to try too. just need a HRM haha. i also cannot believe it’s the end of october. how does this happen?!!! ugh. have a great weekend brittany!
Doing the test today.. so far so good 🙂 You should totally try it sometime too. And I love my Polar HRM if you’re looking for one.
I also though Alysia’s experiment was so interesting. Made me think a little more about my calorie intake. I need a HRM to try it too! No costume for me this year but my son is going to be a pirate 🙂
I love little pirates! 🙂 I highly recommend the Polar FT40 but I know they just came out with at least one HRM with a rechargeable battery which I wish mine had.
Excited to see how the experiment goes- I’ve done something similar with a bodyfit media…it shocked me how much I was underestimating/overestimating my activity levels!
Testing today and so far so good! And yes, the pancakes and crazy awesome. Kinda want some now! Haha.
Just checked out that metabolism experiment – super interesting! Thanks for sharing. Curious to see how it fared for you. YES, some weeks the workout seems extra tough – just hang in there because it makes the other weeks even more amazing :).
I’m hoping to share my metabolism experiment this week.. definitely interesting! This morning’s workout was still a little tough, but hopefully the rest of the week will ease up 🙂
Pingback: My Own Metabolism Experiment | Barr & Table
Pingback: What I Ate Wednesday #63: Going ALL Out! | Barr & Table
Pingback: What I Ate Wednesday #82: Passover Style | Barr & Table