Two posts in a week?! That’s some sort of record recently! 😉
I just knew I had to share this super quick and easy salad that I whipped up. It’s perfect to throw on top of lettuce, in a wrap or sandwich, with some crackers, or even just by itself.
Chick Pea Tuna Salad
– 1 can reduced sodium chick peas
– 1 5oz. packet chunk light tuna in water
– 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds [optional]
– 20 cherry tomatoes; sliced in half
– 1/3 english cucumber; diced
– 1/2 red bell pepper; diced
– 3 stalks green onion; chopped
– 1/2 cup plain Chobani
– 2 tbsp dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1/2 tsp ground thyme
– 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
– Salt & pepper to taste
Combine chick peas through green onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients for the dressing and adjust seasonings to taste. Add the dressing to the large bowl and mix everything well to coat.
Couldn’t be much easier than that, right? You could always skip the tuna and make it a meatless meal too. And of course, feel free to change up the veggies or the spices for whatever mood you’re in!
Per 1 cup serving
200 Calories / 4g Fat / 26g Carbs / 8g Fiber / 5g Sugar / 19g Protein
Food for Thought
What is your favorite creamy salad?